Wednesday 16 May 2012

Banoffee Fudge Loaf


What more could you ask for, after a day at work, than to come home to a slice of cake and a cup of coffee!



My Boy has been taking part in his school’s Year 10 Work Experience Programme.  He’s had an amazing time working at our local League One football club.

Going to school is a chore for My Boy – he likes to meet his friends and ‘hang out’ with them at lunch time but he does NOT, no way, enjoy sitting in a classroom and writing.  He is capable, but disinterested, in his GCSEs (just awarded an A for French speaking, 1 mark off an A* - with half an hour revision the night before the test!). 

It has been like a breath of fresh air in our house over the last two weeks.  He has been waking up with the lark and getting ready for work without constant nagging.  No squabbles over homework = bliss BLISS!

Yesterday he had the day off (electrical work at the football ground). 
Staying with Grandma for the day, they decided to bake, bake, bake!!
I am sorry I didn’t take a photo of the cake before we sliced it, but believe me that was the last thing on my mind.  Admittedly this isn’t a ‘pretty’ cake but what it lacks in the looks department it certainly makes up for in taste!


The recipe is from Tesco, but I wanted to record it on my blog as I am likely to misplace it!! 

BANOFFEE FUDGE LOAF

5oz softened, salted butter, 10oz plain flour, 6oz light muscovado sugar, 2 lightly beaten eggs, 1tsp bicarb of soda, 5fl oz semi-skimmed milk, 3 medium, ripe bananas and 3oz vanilla fudge.

 1           pre-heat oven to 160c.  Lightly butter and flour a 2pt loaf tin.

2           Beat butter and sugar for 5 mins.  Gradually add eggs, beating all the time.  Sift in the flour and bicarb then gradually add the milk until smooth.

3           Fold the mashed bananas into the mixture with the chopped fudge.  Spoon mixture into into the loaf tin.

4           After 30 mins take the tin out of the oven and cover with foil then return to the oven for a further 30 mins.

5           Remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 mins to cool.
 

Serve warm or cold.


Thank you My Boy – I am one very happy mummy!



Take Care xx




34 comments:

  1. Ooh this recipe is right up my street - so will be giving it a go over the weekend!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely - I recommend eating it warm (I was too impatient to wait for it to cool!) xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cake!! Glad your son has enjoyed his work placement-could it lead to something more for him? Have a great work - and not too much cake!! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. I must admit I'm not a fan of bananas but this sounds good! Et felicitations pour le GCSE A :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely son you have there...the banoffee fudge loaf looks fabulous...something to add to my 'to do' list!
    Glad to hear that your boy enjoyed his work placement and hope it leads to more good times to come,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is back at school now and finding it hard to get up in the morning! Xx

      Delete
  6. I love warm cake! It looks delicious and the little plate is so pretty!xoxo~Karen~x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake always tastes better served on a pretty plate! Xx

      Delete
  7. That cake looks so good! I have got four black bananas in the fruit bowl and I am bored with my usual banana loaf but this looks a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bananas are always left in our fruit bowl - I'm not sure why I buy them every week! X

      Delete
  8. What can I say, apart from "Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!"?!?
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy! Especially served on a pretty china plate...Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using the china plates but wish I could put them in the dishwasher!x

      Delete
  10. That sounds like my sort of cake!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will try this one! drooling terribly.
    Perfect with a warm cuppa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do try it I would recommend it eating when warm xx

      Delete
  12. That sounds so delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm definitely trying this one! Looks like a cake which will get better over a few days ..... but unlikely to last that long. Banana and fudge .... yum - does it count as one of my five a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I' m sure it is ok to count it as one of your five! Guilt free cake ...

      Delete
  14. OMG... banofee fudge loaf?... I'm sold. I do not care what it looks like, it's the taste that counts... but that looks DELISH anyhoo!!!!!!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, I would recommend adding extra fudge ... Xx

      Delete
  15. This sounds delicious! I always have a few banana's around, so this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delicious warm but I wasn't so keen on it the following day xx

      Delete
  16. I love cakes like this! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will try it! So glad your boy is enjoying his work experience.
    Have a happy week.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it Helen it may be an idea to use more fudge and slightly less banana. Perfect served warm! Xx

      Delete
  17. Oh my gosh this sounds delicious! I love a good coffee and cake :) How lucky to have a boy who can bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have lots of advantages but not so good on the waistline!! Love yor blog, I am a new follower :) xx

      Delete
  18. oooh, this looks yummy! What a shame I've just started Weight watchers!! I love baking with my boys too, especially the littlies, even though it's messy! There's nothing better than the look of achievement on their face when they tuck into something they've made. I'm also determined to send them out into the world knowing how to cook and bake - food is such an important part of life! I may have to try this recipe with them over half term. Thanks for sharing. Naomi xx

    ReplyDelete